Robert Martin has taught voice at Pinnacle Music since 2000. Prior to that, Robert sang as a tenor with the Canadian Opera Company, singing principal roles with the Ensemble such as Giove/Pane in La Calisto, Tamino in The Magic Flute and A Soldier in The Emperor of Atlantis. Robert also sang comprimario roles in COC productions such as Madama Butterfly, Salome, Turandot and others.
Robert has also performed principal roles with Opera in Concert and the Toronto Operetta Theatre. Robert has sung in concert with The Kingston Symphony, The Quinte Symphony, The Kingston Chamber Singers, The Peterborough Singers and has sung many solo recitals, such as a lieder recital with Amanda Johnston at Queen’s University in 2015.
- Ba Queen’s University, major in voice and piano
- University of Toronto Opera School, 1 year
- Canadian Opera Company Ensemble Studio, 2 years, 6 years performing with the COC
- Studied piano with June Richards
- Studied voice with Bruce Kelly at Queens University, Studied voice with world renowned Marlena Maliss and Neil Semer, while in the COC Ensemble
- Coached opera and song rep with the legendary Stuart Hamilton – Toronto, The late artistic director COC – Richard Bradshaw, Dixie Neil, Don Taranowski, Maikai Nash and many other world class vocal coaches
- Has worked with acclaimed directors Sir John Neville, Atom Egoyan, Richard Monette, Tom Diamond and others